25 August 2010
Canapes / hors d’oeurves to serve with drinks…. Delicious, bite sized morsels that go well with drinks and don’t turn you into a kitchen slave – translation, they take 15 minutes to make!
Perfect for a summer‘s evening, sitting on a terrace, sipping cocktails with friends while the sun sets, I do paint a pretty picture now don’t I.
These Parmesan Biscuits are perfect as they are a little salty and have a kick of black pepper which nicely offsets the sweetness of a drink.
This is a slight adaptation of The Cook’s Companion recipe, I have reduced the salt by 1/4 and the cooking time by 3 minutes.
ERIKA ALLISTON – Food Blog: PARMESAN BISCUITS
Makes about 24
- 110 g (1 cup) grated Parmgiano-Reggiano cheese
- 55 g (2 oz or 1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 85 g (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (1/2 for dough, 1/2 for decoration)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Combine Parmesan and butter in a food processor.
- Add flour, egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
- Roll into a 15cm long log, wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 1hr
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/(350°F)
- Cut log into 1/2cm thick rounds, place 2cm apart on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle each with salt & remaining black pepper
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until golden